1. Log into WHM.
2. Type the word ‘EASY’ on the search box on the upper left and click EasyApache.
3. On the next page, just leave ‘PREVIOUSLY SAVED CONFIG’ option and click on ‘START CUSTOMIZING BASED ON PROFILE’.
4. On the next screen, it will be about APACHE Version, so touch nothing and just click ‘NEXT STEP’.
5. Next screen will show you the Php versions available for upgrade. Tick the one you like then click ‘NEXT STEP’.
6. Next one is the SHORT OPTIONS LIST page, where you can set what PHP will be compiled with. And again, just do nothing but click ‘SAVE AND BUILD’.
7. There will be a pop up window that will ask if you’d like to ‘RECOMPILE APACHE AND PHP NOW?’, so click ‘YES’.
8. Next pop up window will show information that you must not close your browser window while the process is ongoing or you might lose data and have to start restoration from backup.
Just click ‘I UNDERSTAND’ (and yes, please do!) and don’t close the page when process starts.
9. Then the build page will appear next and list errors (if there are any) and if all is well, it would start the rebuild process and you can see the status on a black box. Rebuild could take around 45 minutes or so.
DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BROWSER DURING THIS PROCESS!
10. After a while, a window will pop up and you just click ‘CLOSE’.
TO CHECK IF YOUR PHP HAS UPGRADED:
1. Create a file and name it as ‘phpinfo.php’ using any text editing program.
2. paste the following code:
<?php // Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL phpinfo(); ?>
3. Upload the file to server, let’s say to your public html directory.
4. Load the page http://domain.com/phpinfo.php (of course, you replace domain.com with your own domain name)