The following instruction is taken from Sborg Instruction Manual.
You need to have ‘root’ access to your server and follow the steps carefully (no skipping):
– Run Putty or similar software to access your servers ssh terminal.
– Login with username “root” and your root password.
– Copy paste this command into the terminal (just right click to paste).
yum install -y gettext gcc make intltool libevent libevent-devel curl-devel gcc-c++ m4 automake libtool openssl-devel
– Using wget command, download Transmission binary:
– And extract it to a directory
tar xf transmission-2.04.tar.bz2
– Go inside the directory:
– Configure transmission:
./configure --enable-daemon --disable-gtk
– Prepare to install:
– Run install:
– Run transmission once to create the settings file:
– Kill the daemon so you can safely edit the settings.
– Edit “settings.json” file for your transmission:
– Disable RPC whitelist:
** (type “/rpc” and press “ENTER” to find the “rpc-whitelist-enabled”, press “INSERT” to enable text input mode, change value from “true” to “false”. Press ‘ESC’ to disable text input mode. Type “:wq” and press ENTER to save and exit)
– Test run by going to:
You can open the transmission web interface link to stop / start torrents.
You need to restart transmission whenever you reboot your server. Do this by running the following code on shell access: