Simple steps I did to transfer VBulletin from one hosting to another:
1. Download Database Backup using PhpMyAdmin.
2. Download VBulletin files using FTP.
3. Using FTP, upload VBulletin files to new server.
4. On Cpanel (new), go to PhpMyAdmin, click Import.
– If your PhpMyAdmin only allows small file upload, you have to use bigdump.php You can get the free script from here:
It’s a zip file, so I extracted it and put it in a folder.
Then I put in the same folder, my big database backup for my vbulletin forum.
I open the bigdump.php with my dreamweaver (you can use notepad or any editor) and put in my database info like hostname, username and password.
Together, I uploaded them to the root of my directory (with the folder) and after it’s done uploading using an ftp client, I opened the bigdump file, something like :
You can actually use the bigdump page to upload your big database sql file or, just do what I did, I uploaded the big database backup using my ftp client.
5. You should be able to see your forum up.
QUESTION: WHAT TO DO IF YOU CHANGE DOMAIN NAME AS WELL?
Log in to VBulletin Admin.
Go to Settings >> Option >> Site Name / URL / Contact Details
Change the information to your new domain name and everything should work out fine 🙂