If you are planning to use a new domain name/url for your site and the files stay in the same location, same server, same database, there is no need to move anything if you follow these simple steps:
1. First, point your nameserver(s).
2. Change the folder name of your old site. You can do this either through ftp or cpanel file manager.
For example: if your old url is http://myoldsite.com, the folder name is shown as myoldsite.
Your new url : http://mynewsite.com, then you should rename the folder myoldsite to mynewsite
3. On your cpanel, set up addon domain for http://mynewsite.com.
4. Go to PhpMyAdmin:
– Change urls on wp_options.
– after that, on click wp_posts, then click SQL and paste and run the following:
UPDATE wp_posts SET guid = REPLACE (
*** of course, you have to change these to your old and new url.
5. Using ftp, download wp-config.php to your pc.
6. Open wp-config.php with either notepad or dreamweaver.
7. Add these lines after anywhere after <?php
8. Login to your site using your old login data and save the right permalink setting.